Thursday, July 12, 2012

Here There And Everywhere (Lennon-McCartney)

My own music project took me away from this blog for a couple of days.  I'm not a pro guitarist, but I've studied with a couple of them, and love to play; but since I have a day job, even small projects have a pretty lengthy turnaround time.  This is a guitar arrangement I've been working on for months, and finally got around to recording and putting down in written form.  I was inspired by a Brazilian-Japanese singer named Lisa Ono, who sings a version of "Here, There, and Everywhere" that I just love.  My chord melody is very simple and doesn't require a lot of virtuosity, but I was going for a fresh take on an old tune without getting too ambitious.  I played it last week at the monthly members' meeting of the New York City Classical Guitar Society, where it was pretty well received.  Here it is:

Here There Everywhere (Lennon-McCartney)

If you haven't heard of Lisa Ono, here she is.  I could not find her rendition of "Here, There, and Everywhere" on YouTube, so had to settle for her rendition of another Beatles' classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment